Did you know that Mounds Pet Food warehouse is a small, independently owned pet food and pet supply retailer? We have 5 locally owned stores: 4 stores in Dane county and 1 store in Rock county. Legendary Customer Engagement is our thing: At Mounds, customer interactions are positive and memorable purchasing experiences that develop into long-term relationships based on comfort and trust. As an Inventory Receiver you will partner with the Assistant Manager and Store Manager to inspire your Mounds Team AND make the world a better place, one pet at a time.
We provide: $20.00 per hour + Raises and Bonuses
Paid training, including forklift certification
Paid time off including some holidays: Mounds is closed New Year’s Day, Easter,
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Health, Dental, Life, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance and two retirement
People who love pets as much as you!
We require: While on the job training is provided, 2 years of inventory management experience is
Availability to work Monday through Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm which includes some
holidays: All Mounds locations close at 4 pm on New Year’s Eve, Christmas Eve,
Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently to shoulder height and reach above eye level
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders
Computer skills or experience with point-of-sale systems/inventory management
Mounds’ Inventory Receivers work 40 hours per week in the physical store 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday. While occasional overtime is required, we remain committed to limiting the amount of overtime hours logged by employees to those that are absolutely necessary to promote a healthy work-life balance.
A typical day on the job includes:
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse
• Unloading trucks and checking in product accurately and efficiently
• Handling receiving invoices and paperwork
• Handling product transfers among stores and ensuring transfers are checked in correctly
• Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or manipulating objects weighing up to 50lbs, as well as gripping, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, and climbing ladders
• Using pallet jacks to move pallets of product weighing up to 2,000lbs
• Driving forklift to unload trucks, move pallets of product (training is provided)
• Maintaining knowledge of products available in the store
• Ordering inventory, stocking sales floor, scanning items into the digital inventory system, and merchandising
• Customer Service
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant or Store Manager
We ensure Inventory Receivers are in a position to succeed by providing training, feedback, and the opportunity to advance personal and professional goals. Inventory Receivers are eligible for annual raises and bonuses!