Did you know that Mounds Pet Food warehouse is a small, independently owned pet food and pet supply retailer? We have 5 locally owned stores: 4 stores in Dane county and 1 store in Rock county. Legendary Customer Engagement is our thing: At Mounds, customer interactions are positive and memorable purchasing experiences that develop into long-term relationships based on comfort and trust. As a Receiving Associate, you will partner with the Inventory Receiver to inspire your Mounds Team AND make the world a better place, one pet at a time.
- $17.00 per hour + Raises and Bonuses
- Paid Training, including Forklift Certification
- Paid Time Off including some Holidays: Mounds is closed New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Employee Discount
- Career Advancement
- Health, Dental, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance and two Retirement Plans
- While on-the-job training is provided, warehouse and/or retail experience is preferred
- Availability to work Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm which includes some holidays.
- All Mounds locations close at 4:00pm on New Year’s Eve, Christmas Eve, Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently to shoulder height and reach above eye level
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders
- Computer skills or experience with point-of-sale systems and/or inventory management software
Mounds’ Receiving Associates work 40 hours per week in the physical store 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday. While occasional overtime is required, we remain committed to limiting the amount of overtime hours logged by employees to those that are absolutely necessary to promote a healthy work-life balance.
A Typical Day on the Job Includes:
- Unloading trucks and checking in product accurately and efficiently
- Handling receiving invoices and paperwork
- Handling product transfers among stores and ensuring transfers are checked in correctly
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or manipulating objects weighing up to 50lbs, as well as gripping, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, and climbing ladders
- Using pallet jacks to move pallets of product weighing up to 2,000lbs
- Driving forklift to unload trucks, move pallets of product (training is provided)
- Maintaining knowledge of products available in the store
- Ordering inventory, stocking sales floor, scanning items into the digital inventory system, and merchandising
- Customer Service
- Other duties as assigned by the Inventory Receiver, Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager
We ensure Receiving Associates are in a position to succeed by providing training, feedback, and the opportunity to advance personal and professional goals.