Did you know that Mounds Pet Food warehouse is a small, independently owned pet food and pet supply retailer? We have 5 locally owned stores: 4 stores in Dane county and 1 store in Rock county. Legendary Customer Engagement is our thing: At Mounds, customer interactions are positive and memorable purchasing experiences that develop into long-term relationships based on comfort and trust. Manage and inspire your Mounds Team and make a difference while working with others who enjoy people and pets as much as you do! You’ll make the world a better place, one pet at a time.
We provide: $25.00 per hour + Raises and Bonuses
Paid training, including forklift certification
Paid time off including some holidays: Mounds is closed New Year’s Day, Easter,
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Health, Dental, Life, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance and two retirement
People who love pets as much as you!
We require: 2 or more years of retail store management experience
Availability to work retail hours which includes days, evenings, weekends and some
holidays: All Mounds locations close at 4 pm on New Year’s Eve, Christmas Eve,
Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently to shoulder height and reach above eye level
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders
Computer skills or experience in point-of-sale systems
Store Managers work 40 hours per week in the physical store Monday – Friday 8 am -8:30 pm, Saturdays 8:30 am – 6:30 pm and Sundays 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. While occasional overtime is required, we remain committed to limiting the amount of overtime hours logged by employees to those that are absolutely necessary to promote a healthy work-life balance.
A typical day on the job includes:
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the store
• Completing store opening and closing procedures multiple times per week, including weekends
• Hiring, training, motivating, and coaching employees for success
• Supervising employees, delegating tasks, evaluating employee performance, and scheduling
• Keeping the store stocked, organized, clean and attractive to customers
• Resolving conflicts or complaints from customers and employees
• Maintaining knowledge of products available in the store
• Ordering inventory, stocking sales floor, scanning items into the digital inventory system, and merchandising
We ensure Store Managers are in a position to succeed by providing training, feedback, and the opportunity to advance personal and professional goals. All Store Managers are eligible for annual raises.